The Health And Safety
The Health And Safety
"Our goal is an
efficient, productive construction effort, incorporating safe working
methods and a strong safety consciousness by all our employees, supervisors,
subcontractors and material suppliers. Our policy is to assure every
employee safe and healthful working conditions."
We have developed a culture that promotes an injury-free environment and
provides the safest workplace possible for our employees, subcontractors,
clients and others who enter or are near our construction sites.
Our mantra is : "Every worker
goes home safe from each of our jobs, every day."
We are dedicated to elevating the standards for safety in the construction
industry through a wide variety of methods-like our aggressive
fall-protection program. Through innovative training and education programs,
we also provide our employees and subcontractors with the tools, knowledge
and resources they need to increase safety, reduce risk and improve loss
control on every project we manage. Moreover every employee has stop-work
authority - if it's not safe, don't do it.
We maintain the highest standards of working environment for all our Staff.
We place great importance on accident prevention and we constantly review
the Health & Safety at Work (HSW) Program. We encourage all Staff to
work toward achieving "zero accident, zero mishap" and we are
committed to observing the following management policy.
Our Health & Safety Policy
- Follow "Safety Discipline and Procedures"
- Promote a "Culture of Safety"
- Respect the "Value of Life"
Our Health & Safety Management Principles
- Establish and maintain an effective Health & Safety At Work
(HSW) Management System.
- Remind all Staff of the importance attached to taking personal
responsibility for Health & Safety regulations.
- Be proactive in implementing a comprehensive Risk Control System
(RCS) that identifies and assesses potential workplace hazards.
- Establish and implement a complete Risk Management System (RMS) in
order to meet all objectives.
- Continually monitor, audit and assess the effectiveness of the
Health & Safety At Work (HSW) Management System.
- Continuously develop and improve the Health & Safety At Work
- Ensure adequate training and frequent communication with all Staff
over the importance of maintaining a safe working environment.
- Establish an effective Emergency Response System (ERS) to minimize
risk and potential loss.
Environment And Waste Management
JJRS Construction Pvt. Ltd. is committed to environmental
excellence and to harmonizing development with the environment. As part of
our environmental policy, we:
- Communicate and instill an organizational commitment to
environmental excellence in all our activities
- Protect the environment by designing, constructing, and operating
projects that avoid or minimize adverse environmental impact.
- Identify potential environmental issues early and work with clients
to find and implement solutions.
The construction activities lead to voluminous
amount of scrap and waste. We have a policy to divert construction waste on
all projects. Over the past two years, our Construction Waste Management
Program has resulted in diverting over 83 tons. In 2007 we diverted 50 tons
of construction waste.